Earlier this morning, my first Windows 8 App, Shredder8, made it to the Microsoft App Store.
Click the Icon above to go to the Microsoft Store, where you can also download and install it.
Shredder8 allows to permanently destroy file contents and wipe previously used storage space, so that secret data can’t be restored even by advanced recovery tools.
Deleting a file or directory does not remove the contents. Recovery tools can be used to restore the previous content. Shredder8 allows you to destroy the file contents prior to deleting files and directories.
Shredder8 also allows you to clean the existing free space of a storage device, where old file content may still exist.
You can choose out of a variety of standard cleaning algorithms, like U.S DoD 5220.22-M, British HMG IS5 (Enhanced), Russian GOST P50739-95, German VSITR or just do a quick shred, which should be enough for most SSD based storage devices and USB flash drives.
- Select multiple files and directories to shred
- Cleans nested folders and their content
- U.S DoD 5220.22-M, British HMG IS5 (Enhanced), Russian GOST P50739-95, German VSITR and quick shred algorithms
- Clean (wipe) free space on any writable storage device (SSD cards, Hard Disks, USB flash drives etc.)
- Can act as a share target from supported Apps
Here are a few screen shots:
For questions and suggestions, please use the contact form. Thank you!